Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weekend Trip!

Several weeks ago Kenyan and I drove to Cali for a quick trip. Our destination: Camarillo, to see my favorite little sister, Brittany, in the play "Annie." We had lot of fun Beej! She took us to the Santa Monica pier-that was a first for both of us. I love going new places! We drove the PCH to get to Santa Monica and drove through Malibu. We're thinking about buying a beach house there, (lol) there were plenty for sale! Then we went to this yummy ice cream place in LA called Diddy Reise. Wow! You get to pick 2 cookies and the kind of ice cream you want, and $1.50 later we had the best ice cream sandwiches ever!

Brittany did great in "Annie." She was perfect as Grace, Daddy Warbucks' assistant. I was very impressed with the whole play-they did a great job with the costumes, props and scenery.

Thanks to Heather who let us use her house as a pitstop along the way, to and from. We left Vegas at 5:30 in the morning so we could spend a day in Disneyland. (I love Disneyland! And Kenyan didn't fight me, just couldn't believe we'd wake up that early!)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Ah! I love it!!! :) It was so fun to have you guys!! I love the pics! I never saw them! They look great!! Thanks so much for coming it was a blast! Come again SOON!!!

Caytlin said...

FUN!! I grew up just up the road from Camarillo...in fact, my parents lived there when my older brother was born! I LOVE that drive down PCH. I took Chris on it last time we were there. Jealous you got to see the CA sunshine!

BusyBez said...

Sounds wonderful. Glad you got to get away and spend time with fam.