Thursday, November 22, 2007

Unbelievable timing

Apparently I can always find the most opportune times to get sick. You know, like the night of my reception and now Thanksgiving Day. Of all the days to get sick-the day with all the yummy food! It all started to hit me Tuesday night, thought I was good on Wednesday, went to school and then started not feeling well. (Thank goodness for Thanksgiving activities to keep my students busy.) Kenyan and I were supposed to go see "Enchanted" with friends last night, but thanks to my 102 temperature, we stayed home. (By the way....they said the movie was so good!) So, I was thinking I might be better today and would be able to go to Thanksgiving dinner with my family, but to no avail-temperature was still at 102. Kenyan has been taking good care of me, but our first Thanksgiving together has not been the greatest-he had to work and I was sick. What do you do?

5 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

Oh, so sorry you're sick!!! That bites. I hate fevers - 102 is high. Hope you get feeling better soon - Kenyan's a good guy to take care of you.
Aaron was talking about him the other day. He said that you had high heels on and Kenyan was still taller than you. He said it was "kinda freaky". So...I guess he's on the tall side?

The Sants said...

He definitely is on the tall side- 6'6" to be exact. Our retirement plan is to have our kids in the NBA!! lol

BusyBez said...

Yikes! I'm glad Kenyan was taking good care of you. I always worry extra with the diabetics. I was sick on Thanksgiving last year. It's really a bummer. Good thing most of it warms over nicely.
Hope you are feeling better by the time your are reading this.

Julie said...

Hey Nicole, I hope you get better soon! I hate being sick so I hope you're either over it now, or it finishes quickly! Also, if you have a minute, email me your new mailing address so I can send you your Christmas card! Thanks!

It"s me said...

I am sorry you got sick. That is the worst. Especially if you have to chill by yourself at home! I hope you feel better! I didn't see you on Friday at school!
Sarah