Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HaPpY (lAtE) VaLeNtInE's DaY!

Valentine's Day.....where do I begin? I woke up at six o'clock and the news said, "All schools in Jordan School District will be delayed 2 hours." I still needed to be there, just in case kids arrived early, so I attempted to shovel a little behind my car, but to no avail, I was stuck! Luckily, I was towed out! (We rent a basement apartment so their kids were outside shoveling. They went and got their dad and he towed me out!)

I made it to school and then helped answer the phones that were ringing off the hook so I could tell parents not to bring their children until 10:25. So I dawdled around until I could finally get into my portable because it was snow drifted shut!
Ok, to make a long story short......I was kind of pouty that day because I didn't think Kenyan was really going to do anything for me for V-Day because he had been working and going to school. I know, I always "expect" him to do things the way I have imagined them in my head. . . .I was just expecting something good. . . .it's our first V-day together-married! (I know, how cheesy am I.)

Kenyan had to go to school so I went and got a Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza (don't laugh it was really good!) and their cinnamon sticks. YuMmY! I had dinner already for him along with his gift when he got home. He had me sit down at the table and told me to close my eyes.

I opened my eyes and there was a box of Apple Jacks in front of me, and I feel really bad, but this was my initial reaction, "Thanks." And then I moved it to the side. He then went on to explain that this was a special shipment of Apple Jacks that had come in and there were special "surprises hidden inside these boxes!

I opened it up and this was inside:



In case you can't tell....it is tickets to the Celine Dion concert! I have been dying to go to her concert for so long and Kenyan got tickets for her show in November. They may not be front row, but I will be there! I'm so excited. Call me a nerd, but I love her! And boy did I feel sheepish after opening that present! Then he looked at me and said, "Have I ever let you down?" No, he hasn't, he always surprises me. What a wonderful husband I have!

4 comments:

Jillian said...

Valentine's Day, no matter your status, always has certain expectations with it so I totally understand! So don't feel bad. :)

dishes and laundry said...

Okay, that's pretty creative. Good job, Kenyan!

BusyBez said...

What a fun and original way to give a present. I'm totally gonna' store that idea for future use.

It"s me said...

That is so fun! Have fun at the concert!!