Saturday, February 2, 2008

In Tribute to Pres. Hinckley

What a wonderful service today! I bawled like a baby! He is an amazing man and will be missed. I loved President Monson's story of him being at the doctor and the doctor telling him to tell President Hinckley to use his cane to help him walk and not to wave it around or tap people, but isn't that what we all think of! He has such a great sense of humor. As everyone has said, the thing that helps me is to just think of him being reunited with his cute Marjorie.
When Kenyan and I first heard about President Hinckley we were shocked, but comforted in the thought that he is in a much better place. And then I thought, he's shaking hands with President Joseph Smith. How would that be? Someday.
What a wonderful man. What a wonderful legacy he has left. He will be remembered for so many things. . .his humor, the conference center, and all the temples that were dedicated while he was prophet. I know that he was a true and living prophet. I know the words he said were true and was a true messenger of our Heavenly Father. He will be missed.

No comments: