Monday, February 23, 2009

Are you smarther than a 4th grader?

Today I started talking about the 3 different types of rocks with my class : sedimentary, metamorphic, and igneous. It was actually a very tasty lesson...more on that later.

I'm just curious as to how many of you can correctly match-up the rock with the correct definition. Here are the definitions....in no particular order of course:

a. changes to another rock
b. solidifying magma
c. layered rock

No peeking anywhere! Good luck!

2 comments:

Schneidy said...

a. metamorphic
b. igneous
c. layered rock

I hope I am smarter than a 4th grader because I teach 6th graders. I am such a nerd. This reminds me of when we took geology together and climbed the volcano. Ahh - memories!

Lu said...

I am enbarrassed to report that I indeed am not as smart as a fourth grader.:( I wouldn't even know where to begin without cheating and looking this up! It's been a long time and 3 kids later, half a brain left apparently! Haha!