Thursday, January 24, 2008

Off track?

So much for being off track and getting a break. Let me just outline my first couple of weeks off track:
Monday-Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Thank goodness I had the day off...and I went and saw "27 Dresses" with a couple of my girlfriends. I loved it-it was so funny!
Tuesday-Math class: 8-4 and then another math class from 4:30-8
Wednesday-Math class: 8-4
Thursday-Math class: 8-4
Friday-Math class: 8-4 and then I start my master's class, that's right, my master's. So my first class is Friday night from 5-9.
Saturday (Yes, Saturday)-Masters class 8-5
Monday-Math curriculum class 8-4
Tuesday-same as Monday
Wednesday-same as Monday

So much for a break right? The good news about all this is I love these classes! I have learned so much about teaching math and how to teach it differently to help my kids understand the whys. It's going to take some time, but I'm excited about it!

3 comments:

dishes and laundry said...

I'm glad you're enjoying all these classes - I was going to offer all sorts of sympathy. Still...you should be sleeping in and frolicking about town - you are OFF TRACK!!!!

Wowwowwow on getting your Masters!!!! You're awesome!

Math started making me cry starting in the 7th grade. I only needed to take it up to 10th grade - which I think is equal to 6th grade in 2008. My kids are out of luck if they need any help from me.

Jillian said...

Wow, go you! :) This world needs more great math teachers....I only had 2 good math teachers and to this day, still hate it.

It"s me said...

That is awesome.. How do you not get burnt out?