Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cougar on the loose!


Yesterday there was a cougar roaming around in West Jordan. The school I teach at was not one of the schools listed as being warned about the cougar, but we were and we had to keep all the kids inside.

I did tell my kids why they said they couldn't go outside. So then when they said it was an outside day again my drama queens kicked in....
"I don't want to go outside."
"I'm freaked out now!"
I told them that if they said it was an outside day it was because it was safe to go outside and the cougar had been caught. They still didn't buy it. One of them said, "I'm going to do something mean so I don't have to go to recess." Another one of them said, "I just hit _______, do I have to go outside now?" Lol!!! Seriously.

I found a picture on KSL and showed it to them of the cougar being caught and they were finally ok with it and would go outside.

3 comments:

Julie said...

K- I was totally on cougar alert also! that's too crazy. Abi is still a little traumatized because we were playing at the park when we heard and I frantically threw the kids in the car just to get indoors. :)

The Sants said...

Well don't worry that the people we rent from, she and her sister-in-law were at a park near by and stopped and took pictures of it! lol

Angie said...

Hey, the cougar was found right around the corner from my house. I used to babysit at that house!