Saturday, June 28, 2008

PaRtYiN oLd SkOoL sTyLe

We had a birthday party for Kenyan last night. I sent out Transformer birthday invitations (per Kenyan's request). We had Transformer streamers, a Transformer table cloth, plates, cups and napkins. And we even had Transformer party masks and tattoos. (Thank you Party America!)

We had a lot of fun. I'll try to sum this up quick, but we played the cork game, water game, balloon game and candy bar game. Here's a brief overview:

Cork game: Everyone has a cork tied to a string and places it in the middle. Whoevers turn it is rolls the dice. When they roll doubles they slam down a pan lid and try to catch the corks in the middle. If you get caught you owe that a person a piece of your candy.

Water game: One person sits on a chair holding a cup on their head and a mirror in the other hand. Their partner stands behind them, blindfolded, with a cup full of water. The person sitting gives their partner instructions to get all the water into the cup on their head.

Balloon game: Everyone ties a balloon around their ankle and tries to pop everyone elses. (Don't worry that I popped my own balloon! Whoops!)

Candybar Game: Wrap up several different candy bars. And when I say wrap I mean wrap several times...using newspaper. Decide on what the "magic number" on the dice is. The first person starts rolling until they get to the magic number. When they get the magic number they start unwrapping one of the candy bars....here's the kicker, they have to put on a pair of heavy duty gloves before they begin unwrapping. In this case, we used Kenyan's snowboarding gloves.

We also played "Heavy heavy hangover thy pour head...." with Kenyan's birthday presents. :) Marci and Jeff got him a Chuck Norris t-shirt and The Office t-shirt-love both of them! Thanks guys! Thanks to Josh & Crystal we can now settle any marital disputes using our extra guitar for Guitar Hero! (I'm going to kick Kenyan's butt!) And a little extra spending money from Paul & Tara and Kenyan's dad & stepmom.

Sorry to bore you with all the details! Here's the pics:


Marci playing "Heavy, heavy hangover..."


"Chuck Norris doesn't leave messages, he leaves warnings!"


Dunder Mifflin


Battle's on!


Paul and Mason....need I say more?


Mason...I wish I could claim him as my own!


Transformers, more than meets the eye.
(Crystal, Josh, Kenyan, me, Paul, Tara, Jeff, Marci, and Mason)


The newest Autobots....you better watch out!

4 comments:

Schneidy said...

I love the t-shirts! I got my brother-in-law a Chuck Norris shirt too - "Chuck Norris doesn't need a weapon, he is one."

The Sants said...

Nice! Where did you find that t-shirt at?

Jillian said...

Happy Birthday to Kenyan!! Looks like the party was super fun! :)

Schneidy said...

Fred Meyer - they were buy 1 get 1 free in the young mens' department. I had a hard time containing myself. There was another one that said something like "I though to myself 'Why is that frisbee getting bigger?' and then it hit me." OMG - so funny I was nearly rollin'.