Sunday, January 25, 2009

Delicious!

(I know...it's been a while, but I'm back. That is, until the craziness of school, both attending and teaching, catches up with me!)

The other night I made Hawaiian Chicken for dinner. It was delicious! And easy....even better! So I thought I'd share:
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple
1 bottle (16 oz.) barbecue sauce
4 to 6 cups rice, cooked

Place meat in greased 31/2 to 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine pineapple and barbecue sauce and pour over meat. Cover and cook on high heat for 3-4 hours or on low heat 6-8 hours. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.

Enjoy! (Recipe from the book "101 Things To Do With a Slow Cooker")

3 comments:

Alley Times said...

I am going to try out that recipe! I have a child allergic to everything, but he loves chicken and rice. So I am always looking for variations of that combo, now I just need to find a substitute for the pineapple . . . yes, he's allergic to pineapple. Any ideas?

The Sants said...

What if you tried a different BBQ sauce that has some flavor to it, not just the original?

Alley Times said...

I used a bar-b-que sauce called Rudy's sauce, and mandarin oranges. It turned out fine. I will have to try a flavored sauce, like mesquite or something. I bet that'll be better. Thanks! :)