Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mr. Do-it-Himself/Amazing

I love Kenyan-he never ceases to amaze me. He got me a ceiling fan for the family room-which I was very excited about!

He installed it one day while I was gone, without any help. He says it wasn't a big deal and that it's just a ceiling fan....but I still say, "He's amazing!" I love it, and it fits our room perfectly! (FYI: I always knew that ceiling fans could go different directions, but I didn't know that you are supposed to set it a certain direction for winter and summer. Did you guys know this? I found this out while reading the end of the instructions for installing-such a silly thing, but I had no idea!)

Another reason why I love Kenyan: Kenyan brought home a beautiful Japanese scroll from his mission...almost 8 years ago. I wanted to get it framed for him for Christmas, but we found out that it would cost a pretty little penny. Michaels said it would cost over $1,000!!

So, Kenyan decides....he can build a frame for it himself. And guess what, he did!! For how much you ask? Around $80! Take that Michaels! The final product:
The picture doesn't do it justice, but you kind of get the idea. He had to make it slightly deeper because the scroll has a thick rod at the bottom in order to roll it up.

5 comments:

Julie said...

okay, praise to Kenyan because Matt and I had to install 8 ceiling fans in our new huose and I swear it almost ended our marriage! LOL It's HARD!

Brittany said...

The frame looks awesome! Glad you didn't have to pay 1000 that's ridiculous!

Chuck and Erin said...

That is awesome! I am coveting your fan because I have wanted that one for a long time. Our fan went out a while ago and then I almost bought it, but then Chuck fixed the old broken one (blasted handy husbands) :)

cathy said...

Way to go, Kenyan! I wouldn't have even thought to make a frame. I can hardly wait to see the real thing!

BusyBez said...

So great. Kenyan is almost as crafty as you.
I love that he was so thoughtful and did it as a surprise for you. It is a lovely ceiling fan. And what could be better than a custom frame made by Kenyan himself for his scroll from the mission?