Friday, March 4, 2011

Cherish the Moments

I'll admit, when I found out our Little B had an infection and was going to be in the hospital longer than expected, I was a little bitter. I can't be with her all day long, I can't hug and kiss her any time I want, etc.  But since then, I have found a lot to be grateful for. 

* We are grateful for the nurses and doctors that are taking good care of Brooklyn and can answer all of our questions. 

* We are grateful that Brooklyn doesn't have any serious health issues that can't be taken care of while she's in the hospital.

* We are grateful that Brooklyn came when she did and not the first time I was admitted to the hospital, 3 weeks earlier.

* We are grateful that Little Miss B won't be in the NICU for as long as other preemies.

* We are grateful this infection was caught while she was still in the NICU. 
  
How can we not be grateful for this little girl? Everyday when I go in to see her I can't help but smile. I get to be her mom and I am so excited! I love you Brooklyn!!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl Nicole and kenyan! I'm way behind on blogging and facebook and I just caught up on your blog, crying the whole time, I'm so sorry that little Brooklyn has had all these problems, but we will keep all of you in our prayers and hopfully you can bring her home soon!

The Sants said...

Thank you Beth!! And no worries, I think I cry at least once a day. :)

Brittany said...

She is prettier and prettier each day. And that's saying something cuz' she was darn cute from the get go!

Reese said...

You ROCK. It would be so hard to be separated from my baby for so long. I admire that you had the humility and courage to turn to gratitude instead of bitterness!