Friday, March 21, 2008

The Bionic Woman


So, I went to a new endocrinologist yesterday. (In easier terms-a doctor who will help me control my diabetes.) I was really excited to find a good doctor. She gave me a lot of information, then I talked to the dietician, and then I got hooked up to this machine, called the CGMS. It's a little bigger than my insulin pump, so I have that on one side and my pump on the other.

I have to keep it on for 3 days and input every blood sugar, every time I eat, every time I take insulin, and then log it down as well. I'm sure it will help me get tighter control after I see the results, but it is a pain! I went shopping yesterday (to Kenyan's dismay) and that was quite the experience trying to not get tangled up in everything that is attached to me!

No comments: