Thursday, March 13, 2008

Road Trip!

A couple weeks ago Kenyan and I took a road trip to Phoenix for our niece's baby blessing. We left a few days early and made a stop in Las Vegas first to visit with my family.
David and Heather let us crash at their place for a couple nights. We had fun hanging out with them and Brittany and Abell. We had a little Guitar Hero competition between the Sants and Smiths. For some odd reason, Brittany kicked our butts on the medium level, but I killed her (and Kenyan ) on the hard level. :) We had a lot of fun playing games and hanging out with them one night. It was fun to see Tyler and Jake too, they are getting so big! (I would post pictures, but we were fiddling around with our camera in Phoenix and lost all the pictures from Vegas!)
Kenyan and I went to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. It was pretty cool, and I wish I had pictures to post because we pet a sting ray! It was slimy and squishy, but I did it! And then we watched them feed the sting rays that was pretty cool.
Then we made our way to Phoenix. Our new niece, Daphne Elizabeth, is adorable and is a cute little redhead. (See the pictures below.) Cory and Cherise also had a birthday party for Ethan while we were down there. And I think it's safe to say that the Tickle-me Cookie Monster is the new hot item. I want one! When Kenyan and I first saw it in the store we were laughing so hard!
We had a lot of fun with the Phoenix clan-playing at the park, racing the boats and trying to get a cactus to jump at us. (Supposedly there really are cactuses that jump once their little prongs fall on the ground.) The weather was beautiful and we had our first BBQ of the year-can't wait for that here!

No comments: