Saturday, April 12, 2008

Deal or No Deal

That's right, I braved the open casting call for Deal or No Deal today, and my friend Amy was nice enough to brave it with me. (And as many times as she says she didn't mind and she really did have fun, I still don't believe her...I am in debt for a while to her! Love ya Amy!)

So, here's the story:

We boarded the Trax train, saw a guy dressed as a storm trooper, we were definitely on our way. Got to RC Willey and in line and thought, "It's gonna be a while." The lines were wrapped around like when a new roller coaster opens!

Then, there was a glimmer of hope, we were on the last of stretch of line that reacher the door into the warehouse.

And then we stepped inside.(We were like numbers 2,372 and 2,373.)

More lines, and I'm pretty sure longer than what was outside. So we dropped our camping chairs and blankets outside so we didn't have to keep draggin' those with us.

On we continued. We talked with people around us, observed people, and overheard some interesting conversations. And then we got to the last section of lines and Mr. Deal or No Deal casting director says they are going for a 30 minute lunch break! We didn't get a lunch break, and if we wanted to leave the building, they wouldn't let us bring food back in! No worries, we had drinks with us, peanut butter m&m's, shared a granola bar and a piece of pizza (that's another story).

We finally got to the "Making of the groups" part of the line. (Don't worry that we were going on 7 hours for standing in line!) We were put into groups of 10. And then when we were up they sent us to a table and we each had 20 seconds to impress the casting person.

I made it through to the second round. Then we had to do the same thing again, and the guy said thank you and asked one of the girls in the group to stay. She spoke 4 languages, how do I compete with that?

It was quite the experience, but it was fun to at least try, you never know unless you do.

And then I get home and think of all these other things I could have said or done to improve my chances. Doesn't that always happen? Oh well, I can kick myself over it, I was trying out for a game show with probably close to 10,000 other people. At least we can say we tried. (Thanks for coming with me Amy!)

3 comments:

Jillian said...

I know so many people that went and tried so don't feel bad! I bet you were still cool! :)

dishes and laundry said...

I'm so impressed! You lasted much longer than we did - only three hours. We never even made it close to the building!

Anna said...

Hi Snoops (I had to or Andrew would be disappointed in me), I am so glad you found my blog. I don't know why I haven't commented on yours ever, I check it often. Silly me. It is so fun to keep in touch this way. I can't believe you stood in line for so long, that is dedication. Congrats on your new job too. And I totally agree that Mark was a cry-baby and very happy that Ali won Biggest Loser.