Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ogies

I am still off track and Kenyan took the day off work to study for finals, so we went to breakfast. A guy at Kenyan's work (Roger, of Roger's bakery) suggested this place. . . .Ogies.

He even told Kenyan if we didn't like our breakfast he would pay for it!

It's one of those Ma and Pa type places. I felt like we were at a truck stop in a small town. It's one of those places that everyone knows everyone, there's the regulars. And then Kenyan and I walked in, and I felt like everyone turned and was staring because we didn't quite fit in.

But I got over that. We ordered our food. Roger told Kenyan he had to order the breakfast burrito that has this chili verde sauce on it. I ordered french toast too. . . just in case.

That burrito was the best burrito I have ever tasted! It was incredible! Apparently the recipe for this sauce on the burrito is a huge secret, Roger has tried to recreate it himself, but to no avail.

So, if you ever need a good breakfast, go to Ogies. It is on 35th South and Redwood (the East side of Redwood). They are only open from 6am-3pm. Enjoy!

No comments: