Wednesday, April 2, 2008

TeStIng

It is my favorite time of year. The time when I realize I only have 10 weeks of school left! (Only 5 till testing!) And I still have so many things to teach and review with my kids.

I am not a fan of testing. I know what it was like taking tests, I was never a very good test taker myself. As a teacher I have learned that kids learn and show what they have learned in different ways. . . .(i.e. testing isn't for everyone)

Today, I gave a reading test to my kids. It is only a 30 minute test. 5 minutes of being able to figure out what the word means, and 25 minutes of reading stories and answering questions. Right after I said, "You may begin." for the 25 minute section of test I already have kids marking answers! I thought you usually had to read the story first, and then answer the questions. They must be reading unbelievably fast and comprehending extremely well. Why don't they ever read like that with me?

1 comment:

It"s me said...

This time of year is crazy! I can't believe that there are only a few weeks left. I basically have 3 weeks to teach then 2 weeks to review and then it's testing time. Then its the end of the year. crazy!