Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A world of emotions

Let me start at the beginning....last Friday I went to a job interview to go teach at the new elementary school being built in West Jordan. I applied for the 3rd grade team leader position.

This morning I had a message on the phone from the principal I interviewed with. I called her back at recess and she told me she would love for me to be at the school, but that they were wondering if I would take the 4th grade team leader position instead!

Lucky for me, she said I could think it over and call her back later today. So, after talking to a numerous amount of people, I was finally able to calm the anxiety and I called her back and accepted the position.

Let me tell you the emotions that have gone on today....let's just say I was lucky to still get anything taught today! I am really excited for this opportunity, still a little nervous, but I'm excited to teach something new. It will definitely keep me on my toes next year.

5 comments:

Jillian said...

Congrats on the new position! I know you'll do great! :0)

dishes and laundry said...

Thye are a lucky school to have you - I wish you could just pack Aaron up and take him with you. He asked me today if he could transfer schools. Can he????
Congratulations!!!

It"s me said...

Congrats! You will be missed! You will be great in 4th!!

The Sants said...

It's kind of bittersweet. I'm really excited for the new school, but will miss a lot of people. Just was time for a change.

stephanie said...

Congrats!!! I'm so excited and happy for you!