Monday, September 8, 2008

HaPpY (late) AnNiVeRsArY!

Yesterday was our one year anniversary! It's hard to believe it has already been a year! I would have posted yesterday, but we were out-of-town so it didn't get done.

We were lucky enough to be able to get away for a few days. We went to St. George for the weekend and had so much fun. We were able to do a session in the St. George temple while we were down there-I love going to different temples, it's so fun to see how different they all are. We went to see "Big River" Friday night at Tuacahn-it was really good! The guy who played Jim had an amazing voice and one of the coolest parts was watching them flood the stage for the river.


On Saturday we went to Zions National Park. Before going there we had decided we were going to hike Angel's Landing and then we decided not to (because we read some scary reviews online) and then we went into Zions and talked to one of the rangers and he said we would be fine and hundreds of people hike it everyday, so we decided to give it a try...and we succeeded! Here are some pics below (if you haven't heard of Angel's Landing it's a very narrrow trail at the top...the first 2 miles aren't bad, it's the last 1/2 mile on the trail that drops off on both sides!) You hike 2 1/2 miles and go 1500ft. up! It looks scary, but wasn't as bad as I was expecting...I had to keep myself looking forward onto the next part of the trail and not look down!




Angel's Landing-we hiked that!


Scout's lookout: this is the point where you could decide whether you wanted to do the last 1/2 mile or not.


Just try not to look down!



We made it!


A view from the top. Beautiful, gorgeous, wish you were here!





Yes, that would be a vulture. I think he was just waiting around for someone to fall off the cliff!

We hiked more in Zions on Sunday and stopped in Bryce Canyon on the way home too. It was beautiful! I am amazed at all of these things around us that I am now experiencing for the first time. Kenyan and I talked about how we live in Utah and haven't experienced all of the attractions we have around us and we were surrounded by people from all over the U.S., Europe and Asia! People are coming from all over the world to see these attractions and we only have a few hours to drive....take advantage of what's around you!


Among all the things we got to do and see I just loved that I was able to spend it with Kenyan! (I know...cheesy.) It was nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of life and spend some much needed time together. We've had a wonderful year of marriage and are looking forward to many more to come!
I love you Kenyan! Happy Anniversary!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

You are so brave! I probably would have turned back at Scout's Point or whatever that was. Happy anniversary to you too!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Happy anniversary. If you thought the first year went fast just wait!!! I've done that hike before. I hated it the time. I was scared to death, but the top is amazing!! I'm glad you lived through it.

Angie said...

Happy Anniversay! I hope it has been a good year. It sounds like Angel's Landing was fun. I knew you could hike it, even I have done the last 1/2 mile...I know, WAY SCARY!

Shanda Mattsson said...

I'm glad you didn't fall off the cliff and the volture didn't get you...we need you here. haha

Happy Anniversary!!

dishes and laundry said...

Wow, that hike looks awesomely scary - I don't know if I'd take the boys on that or not. Glad you made it safely. And Happy Anniversary!!! We miss you down the road...

stephanie said...

I am sick to my stomach just looking at those pictures! What a fun weekend! And what a darling outfit you wore to the temple - cute, cute!!