Thursday, February 24, 2011

1 Week or 3 Months?

I brought Brooklyn some clothes from home today....at just over a week old, size 3 months is what she is fitting into, and probably not for very long. It was so fun putting her own clothes on her, and I'm glad she doesn't have to lay in her bed with just a diaper and blankets on any more.

Little B's PICC line is still in, but they have taken out the sugar going into her, she is strictly on full feedings. They've kept the PICC line active just in case they need to end up using it again.

Little B is also in a little crib now. (She's too big for the little baby bucket beds.)

We are now working on Little B's sucking. We had a speech pathologist come in and loo
k at some things with B this afternoon, yes, a speech pathologist. I had no idea the connections with eating and what a speech pathologist can help with. I'm not going to try and explain it because I would just confuse you. But I'll just say I was impressed with everything he was telling me, and it made sense. He gave me some great tips for helping Little B.

Little B also got to spend time with her Ama today. It's the first time Ama's got to see her since she was born because she's been at home keeping her cold germs to herself. (Thanks mom!!)

1 comment:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

she is so beautiful! 3 month cloths already is awesome! kiss those chubby cheeks for me.